CBC WiFi Groups
WiFi=Weekly Intentional Fellowship Interaction
WiFi Groups (CBC’s small group ministries) are central to body life. If you don’t belong to one, you are missing the most vital and personal opportunities you have to minister to others in the context of our church family. You are forfeiting the rich blessings of being ministered to by your church family. The gifts and callings of God were intended to be used in the context of the local church.
CBC WiFi Groups - Premise
The Word of God - rightly divided and faithfully proclaimed is a chief distinctive of CBC. This primarily happens in “Big Church”; The Word of God - applied to our lives and relationships and actively relied upon for soul care and discipleship is also a chief distinctive of CBC. This primarily happens in WiFi Groups. CBC is a fervently warm and loving family. While this can be seen in many elements of "Big Church," it is profound and undeniable in the experience of WiFi Groups. Body life at CBC takes place, at the deepest levels, in the context of our WiFi Groups.
CBC WiFi Groups - Distinctives
WiFi Groups ARE…
- Not another exposition or sermon, but a portion of WiFi Group time is spent carefully considering and discussing key components and application from Sunday’s exposition. The balance of time is spent segregated, with the ladies together and the men together interacting on a deeper level.
- Small. 4 to 6 families, or in the process of splitting into a new group.
- Intentional. While the members of your WiFi Group definitely “hang out” together often in various casual settings, as best friends do, the actual CBC WiFi Group time is on point to the end that we all grow!
- Considerate of everyone’s time. 1.5 to 2 hours on average.
- A serious commitment on the part of everyone involved.
- Geographically organized to better equip leaders and group members to quickly respond to the daily needs of our people, and to emergencies that will periodically arise in the lives of our people.
- Lovingly, thoughtfully, prayerfully and sacrificially led by unified leaders who meet regularly with, understand the heart of, and serve alongside the elders and pastors of CBC.
- The primary context to connect with and use our gifts in one another’s lives.
- The primary context in which we can truly know and be known by one another
- The primary context in which we can respond to one another in the truth and grace and knowledge of the Word that is being fed to us so well.
- The primary context through which we care for the hurting at CBC.
- A primary means of excellent communication… logistical and ecclesiastical.
Contact Dave Hoffman to find a group in your area